Sunday 21 February 2016

Breaking the Mold





This is actually very sad, how a little boy will grow up and be different later on to a women It's all to do with how a mother raises her son against how she raises her daughters.







Boy’s gestation period is 9 months, exactly like a girl, no difference.  Boy’s development once born could be a bit slower than girls, sitting, crawling, walking and speech.  Speech in boys seems to happen later than boys. The crunch comes in how women raise their sons differently to their daughters.  So women are to blame for bringing up "mommies" little boys!!

The difference between boys and girls in the terms of anatomy is pretty obvious.  When it comes to brain development, the difference between the two sexes are really small.  In other words life experience has more to do with the behaviour and development, rather than gender.  A boy would need more attention and encouragement than a girl, from a very early age.  (Most mothers feel this way.)

Some difference between boys and girls

Social skills
Girls are more in tune to other people's emotions, based on facial expressions they can work out how people are feeling.  Baby girls are more inclined to look at their mobiles, rather than looking at faces.  This difference gets more pronounced in grownups.  Experts are inclined to think, girls are encouraged to express their feelings and boys are encouraged to suck it up.

Mothers know that boys are not less sensitive and they know they much teach their sons to express their feelings.

Spatial Skills
Spatial skill is the ability to solve problems involving size, distance and the relationship between objects. Boys have a head up on this.  Boys as young as three to five months can already visualize how an object will appear when rotated, girls the same age can't.

Toys
Babies don't distinguish between "boy" and "girl" playthings.  Studies show baby boys love dolls.  With my daughters I gave them trucks and cars to play with.  Peer pressure in preschool will influence them in the taste of toys.  Boys should be offered a variety of toys, instead of sticking to the stereotypical stuff.

Physical Activity
Studies show that baby boys are bigger wiggle in the womb than boys, squirm more on the changing table, get restless in stroller and craw for longer distance.  The most active kid is the boy, running around, playing ball and jumping

Aggression
Boys are more physically aggressive than girls, even before they turn two.  Prenatal testosterone plays a hug part.  Girls are no angels; they can kick, bite, and hit more.  Boy boys and girls must be taught limits, they must learn not to hit.

Walking
There is no difference between sitting, crawling, and walking.  Though mothers can overestimate their boy’s physical skills and do the reverse to their daughters.  Walking for boys is more to do with their physical size, since boys tend to be heavier and taller than girls around about six months.  My nephew walked when he was 10 months old.  My nephew was a small baby.

Talking
Girls start earlier to talk than boys on average.  Girls have larger vocabularies than boys as early as 18 to 24 months old.  Of course the child's exposure to language will account for at least 50% of the difference.  I never used baby talk to my daughters when they were babies.  Mothers and Fathers should talk to their girls or boys, and read to them every night.

Potty Training
Girls’ potty train must faster than boys.  Here boys need to be inspired to help with their potty training!


Mothers that make their sons their surrogate husbands
It’s not a very fair situation when mothers make their sons into surrogate husbands.  The mother feels so deprived out of love and attention that they turn to their sons for comfort and emotional support. These mothers are either single or in a marriage that is unfulfilled or unbalanced.  The long term effect on these boys is that these boys are being incapable of having mature, loving and healthy relationships as adults. They will constantly have to support and comfort their mothers.


Women that treat their sons like their boyfriends
I don't have sons, thank God.  I would be very hard on my son's if I had any.  I never went easy on my daughters.  Please don't get me wrong, I love them very much, but it's a harsh world out there, and babying ones children is not going to make growing up later any the easier.  I notice that women out there treat their sons like their boyfriends.  Women can't seem to do enough for their baby boys.  Even sisters take care and wait on their brothers.  Women are nurturers by nature.  How would daughters feel equal to their brothers, when their brothers are treated differently by their mother?

Maybe as women we feel good when a male needs us and that holds true for our sons. Maybe it is the unconditional love that sons seem to offer to their moms while daughters consistently challenge us. I could be completely off on my observation, so I am wondering, “Do you think moms treat their sons differently than their daughters?”


Mothers must understand that the son is your equal. He’s not your support system, you are his support. When you turn him into an emotional partner, the dynamics of the mother-son relationship are skewed and your son will carry this unbalance into his adult relationships.

My Little Boy


No amount of gold could ever compare to the gift of love that my son shares.
I've been blind and I couldn't see that all the love I've wanted is right here in front of me.
He gives me reason to get through another day.
Maybe it's how he loves me in his special little way.
And when it gets hard for me to sleep at night....
He wraps his little arms around me and says God will make things right!
From sweet gentle touches to his bear hugs and a kiss...
He makes this hell on earth seem more like a peaceful bliss.
That great big kool-aid smile and the twinkle in his eyes....
Every time I look at him it makes me want to cry.
But they're not tears of sorrow; they're tears of pride and joy....
To know that all the love in heaven is wrapped around my little boy.

 Sabrina A. Hernandez 


No comments:

Post a Comment