Friday 12 February 2016

Friendship




Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. -anais nin
Anais Nin put it beautifully when she said, "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Though some natural loners are happy without them, most of us depend greatly on the company of true friends. As with any relationship, friendships bring support and joy and occasionally strife. 

A blog writer always uses the following quote by Oscar Wilde, 

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”

In other words friendship is not possible between man and woman, yet in many of his blogs, he refers to his so many friends (females), and his best friend for ever, which happens to be a female.  Surely this is a contradiction that he is making?

I don't believe the above, friendship is possible between males and females, just some rules need to be established first, its only best to start a relationship with "friendship" first, and see where is leads too.  Sometimes is does not go anywhere, but sometimes it leads to "true love".  A very strong relationship that will survive anything, and last till the end of time!!

So I want to know what real friendship is really about, so this blog is more for myself than others.  I have a very clear understanding what friendship entails.  I am a natural loner and  happy without friends.

One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood Picture Quote #1



What does that mean?
This quote is about what a true friend is, and the qualities they bring to the relationship. Most of us are friends with someone because of how we feel when we are around them. How they make us feel is based on a lot of things,

Why is understanding important ?
How friendly can you get with someone who just doesn’t understand you? They don’t understand why you do what you do, why you think the way you think, and why you behave the way you behave. What can you have in common with them? What will be the basis of the friendship?


Apply this in our lives
Understanding will certainly improve our friendships.  The way to apply this is through communication.  Listening , showing an interest, ask questions and basically just trying to understand where they are coming from!  Its vital to take time to understand whats going on with them and how they think.  It must be important to you!!  Most people are willing to talk about themselves, don't make it out to be an interrogation.  Stick to save topics and later move on to more sensitive issues.  Its all about building a stronger relationship!!  We are all human, we are all unique. We all are a little different, and finding and understanding those differences are part of becoming closer to another person. But that involves listening, and tactfully asking questions. That takes practice and some skill.

                                   Listen                              

Thank you for always being there,
To listen and understand me.
I appreciate all you did for me,
And all you still do.

Thank you for making me feel whole again,
For putting my pieces back together.
I appreciate you putting my life back together,
You saved my life.

You may not understand,
Why I do what I do.
But you never criticized,
You just helped my through.

I knew I could come to you when I was down,
'cause I knew you'd always be there
to pick me back up
and say everything will be ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment