Wednesday 30 March 2016

The Ideal World, Utopia

The ideal world, utopia

In a perfect world - used for saying what would happen if the situation was exactly the way that you wanted it to be

Another word for the ideal word is called utopia
How the word utopia came about
In 1516, English humanist Sir Thomas More published a book titled Utopia. It compared social and economic conditions in Europe with those of an ideal society on an imaginary island located off the coast of the Americas. More wanted to imply that the perfect conditions on his fictional island could never really exist, so he called it Utopia, a name he created by combining the Greek words ou (meaning "no, not") and topos (meaning "place," a root used in our word topography). The earliest generic use of utopia was for an imaginary and indefinitely remote place. The current use of utopia, referring to an ideal place or society, was inspired by More's description of Utopia's perfection.


People have always fantasized about having perfect worlds. Some people want riches, others want peace. It seems that people are never capable of agreeing on what the perfect world should include.

I guess in a perfect would everyone has his or her own opinions. What does a perfect world mean to me?

I can do with very little; I am not one for material possessions. I don’t need much in the lines of clothes, and jewelry I don’t wear, make up I don’t wear, and I don’t use expensive perfumes.  I don’t drink alcohol and stay away from fizzy drinks.   I don’t have to have the latest gadgets.

So I don’t place value on materialist things, but I know that many do.  So I wish in a perfect world, others don’t place such a high value in materialistic things, but in things they could never replace, when they lose it.  Family, friends……… loved one.  Before it’s too late to tell them how much we love them, when they are gone forever!!

I am tired of the constant anger around me, if one has a problem deal with it.  Don’t let it mar the rest of your life.  People have different views from others, everyone has this right.  Respect other people right to their own opinions.

Don’t involve yourself in other people’s squabbles.  It’s bad enough when they can’t get on with each other.  Don’t take sides……… One really never knows the whole story, most of us are embarrassed to give the real story, and it might make us look bad.

I guess the perfect world for me, when everyone around me is happy.  I know that this cannot be so all the time.  I want those around me to have the courage to face life’s ups and down with courage.

For me in a perfect world, the support system would be fantastic, need a friend to hold you when you down, need a friend to celebrate with, need a friend when you done something wrong and need encouragement and support to do the right thing.

In my perfect world, I would never make a mistake, I would never disappoint myself.  I would not be hurt by others that can just delete me from their lives, like I never existed. I have never learned to delete anybody from WhatsApp, instead, lol, I deleted WhatsApp completely, lol.


In my perfect world, I would be the best friend anybody could ask for.  I would not feel jealousy about whom they had friendships with; I would not be longing to hear that their relationship ending because of a fight.  In this perfect world, I would never hurt another living soul, I would be able to say the right thing and do the right thing, at the right times always.

In a perfect world, promises would have meaning, a politician’s word would be a bond and a promised public agenda would be kept.  In a perfect world, our environment would be protected from exploitation and preserved for the future generations we have borrowed it from.

In my perfect world, there is no need for power, greed or corruption.  There would be no need for people to struggle on a daily bases just to put food on the table.  In my perfect world there will be those who take care of those people less fortunate than themselves.

In my perfect world, people will be able to empower themselves, get the right education, to get the jobs they need in order to survive in this day and age.

The world would become a lot less diverse, and a lot simpler. In the perfect world, people would do common activities and share common interests.  People would start actually caring for others and not themselves.  People would start putting others before themselves.

The realization of most perfect worlds is impossible because of the fact that people can’t agree. Therefore the perfect world would be one in which everyone agreed all the time. In a world where everyone agreed, argument and conflict would be eliminated.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...


Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...


You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one


Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...


You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Imagine by John Lennon


No comments:

Post a Comment