Saturday 26 March 2016

beautiful love poem

Looking For Your Face
From the beginning of my life
 I have been looking for your face
 but today I have seen it

Today I have seen
 the charm, the beauty,
 the unfathomable grace
 of the face
 that I was looking for

Today I have found you
 and those who laughed
 and scorned me yesterday
 are sorry that they were not looking
 as I did

I am bewildered by the magnificence
 of your beauty
 and wish to see you
 with a hundred eyes

My heart has burned with passion
 and has searched forever
 for this wondrous beauty
 that I now behold

I am ashamed
 to call this love human
 and afraid of God
 to call it divine

Your fragrant breath
 like the morning breeze
 has come to the stillness of the garden
 You have breathed new life into me
 I have become your sunshine
 and also your shadow

My soul is screaming in ecstasy
 Every fiber of my being
 is in love with you
effulgence
 has lit a fire in my heart
 for me
 the earth and sky

My arrow of love
 has arrived at the target
 I am in the house of mercy
 and my heart
 is a place of prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment